This weekend, thousands of music fans will make the trip to Atlanta, Georgia, for the highly anticipated SweetWater 420 Fest in Centennial Olympic Park. However, for folks who can’t make it out for the beloved annual event, thanks to www.nugs.tv, they can tune in from home.Over the weekend, nugs.tv will be offering an ongoing free webcast of SweetWater 420 Fest, which will run across the length of the festival from April 20th to April 22nd. The daily stream is scheduled to capture performances from The String Cheese Incident, Umphrey’s McGee, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, and other select sets from the festival.You can tune into nugs.tv starting on April 20th at 4:30 p.m. (EST) to check out the music going down at SweetWater 420, or check out the embedded video below. For more information about the festival or to see the event’s full line up, head here.
View Comments The cast of the ‘An American in Paris’ tourphoto by Caitlin McNaney The national tour of An American in Paris will soon hit the road, but the show’s cast recently took time out of their busy rehearsing schedule to meet the press. Paris stars Garen Scribner, Sara Esty, Nick Spangler, Etai Benson, Gayton Scott and Emily Ferranti—along with director/choreographer Christopher Wheeldon—gathered at The Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City on September 23 to preview the touring production of the hit Broadway musical and chat about why they’re excited to take the show across the country. Broadway.com photo editor Caitlin McNaney was on the scene and snapped this Hot Shot of the company. The An American in Paris tour will launch October 25 in Boston.
By Sydne MoodyUniversity of GeorgiaA home is more than a house, of course. The way some Universityof Georgia horticulture students see it, even a house is morethan a house.About 40 students in a UGA residential landscape managementdesign class used their skills to add more value to some homesrenovated in an annual Athens, Ga., community service program. Student-designed landscapesBerle had already divided his class of sophomores, juniors andseniors into four 10-student teams. Each person had designed aplan for the landscape, and Berle had chosen the best four plansand assigned them to teams. The four designers of the best planswere the group leaders.Including preparing the plans, the class put three weeks of workinto the project. But the students could easily see the value oftheir work in the yards they landscaped.”The value (of a home) increases an average of 10 percent withlandscape design,” Berle said. Each plan in the project wouldhave cost $3,000 to $5,000 had a landscaper been paid to do thework. Homeowner inputThe residents of the four homes were able to choose the colors offlowers and plants. Having guidelines and a customer to work forgave the students a real-world learning experience.”The best part was getting out there and actually seeing yourwork implemented,” said Chad Till, a senior from Watkinsville,Ga., who is majoring in landscape architecture. “A lot of thetime you design plans and never see what goes right or wrong.”The project got its start through a Scholarship of EngagementGrant from the UGA vice president for public service andoutreach. Grant funds provided a trailer and tools that will beused in future classes.Berle and the students contacted nurseries and businesses fordonations of plants, bricks and other needs. He plans to make theUGA Hands On Athens Landscape Project an annual assignment forhis class. “Hands On” HorticultureHands On Athens is an Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation programin which groups of area volunteers get together one weekend eachyear to repair homes in historic but low-income neighborhoods.The UGA Hands On Athens Landscape Renovation Project reworked thelandscapes of four of the 10 homes in the larger program.As it turned out, the April 1-3 event came on “the worst weekendfor landscaping,” said David Berle, the UGA horticultureprofessor whose class took on the project. Heavy Friday rains andhigh Saturday winds made the work more challenging than it mighthave been.
By Dialogo April 27, 2012 ABOARD THE USS ELROD, At Sea — The frigate USS Elrod (FFG 55) along with an embarked U.S. Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachment (LEDET) team recovered 89 bales of cocaine in support of Operation Martillo on April 20, the Navy said. A SH-60B Sea Hawk from the Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Light (HSL) 60 Det. 3 on the Elrod responded after receiving a transmission from a P-3 surveillance aircraft operated by U.S. Customs Border Protection. Elrod joined in pursuit, along with authorities from Panama, of two 40-foot twin-engine vessels as they tried to evade authorities in the waters of the Western Caribbean. During the chase, cocaine was thrown into the sea, according to the Navy. The Navy-Coast Guard response team recovered 89 bales of cocaine, weighing 4,840 pounds, with an estimated value of more than US$362 million. “I am very proud of the teamwork and collaborative effort between the ship, our air detachment and our USCG Law Enforcement Detachment,” said Commander Jack Killman, the Elrod’s commanding officer. “Our mission is clear: to disrupt illicit trafficking that jeopardizes the safety in the region and ultimately our own national security.” [Public.navy.mil, 26/04/2012; Hamptonroads.com, 27/04/2012]
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A retired U.S. Army specialist from Ronkonkoma was reportedly shot and killed at Fort Hood in Texas over the Labor Day weekend.Sgt. Brett Marvin Wessel, 26, was arrested and charged with the murder of Spc. Ryan Dickinson, a father of two who had served in Iraq, according to News12 Long Island.Until this summer, Dickinson was a multiple launch rocket system fire direction specialist with the 41st Fires “Rail Gunners” Brigade, according to recent Army news reports.The Fort Hood Criminal Investigation Division is continuing the probe.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York The Suffolk County Correctional Facility in Riverhead will have its TV debut this weekend as the set of the latest season of Lockup, the MSNBC series that documents the lives of inmates.The six-episode season, Lockup Extended Stay: Long Island, returns at 10 p.m. Saturday, May 30. The first episode in the series is titled Sufferin’ County. The show is sure to shed light on the darker side of eastern Long Island that is best known for its lively summer beach season.“A lot of people glorify Long Island like it’s a great place great tourist attraction, don’t come here,” one of the inmates tells the camera during one of two trailers for the upcoming season—but viewers will have to tune in to hear why this defendant dislikes LI so much.The popular TV show follows inmates as they attend court hearings, family visits and interact with other inmates. In some of the episodes inmates are given their own camera to show what prison is like from the inmates’ viewpoint.Suffolk County Chief Deputy Sheriff Michael Sharkey said the show is beneficial because it can educate the public on what corrections officers do and teach young viewers that a life of crime isn’t as glamorous as portrayed in movies.A TiVo listing of the first episode summed it up like this: “A female inmate finds romance with an alleged gang leader and the jailhouse prepares for a wedding; a very powerful inmate must make a choice between his crime family and his real family.”
People at high risk include those aged 65 years and up, nursing home residents, people with chronic conditions, babies and toddlers up to 2 years old, pregnant women, and healthcare workers with high-risk patients. But not everyone in those groups will want a flu shot. Despite a vaccine shortage in 2004-05, providers gave roughly the same number of flu shots to the high-risk groups as in previous years, the CDC reported previously. US health officials are preparing for a wide range of contingencies, and trying to prepare the public as well. “The worst-case scenario is we would have somewhere around 53 million doses. The best case would be about 98 million doses,” Gerberding said. About 57 million people got flu shots in the 2004-05 season, leaving about 3 million doses unused, according to the Associated Press (AP). Sanofi-Pasteur is planning to provide 50 million to 60 million doses this fall. In addition, MedImmune Inc. will make about 3 million doses of its nasal spray vaccine, Reuters reported. May 5, 2005 (CIDRAP News) Those deemed at highest risk from influenza should have priority for flu vaccinations this fall, federal health officials said yesterday. Gerberding’s comments reflect the unpredictability of the coming flu season and the US vaccine supply. It will be important for people to keep up-to-date on the flu vaccine supply, Gerberding told a subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. “The message will evolve,” she said. Although authorities see progress at Chiron Corp.’s factory in Liverpool, England, it’s not clear whether the company will be approved to sell vaccine in the US, the Los Angeles Times reported. “We want flu shots in their arms first,” Dr. Julie Gerberding, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta (CDC), told members of Congress, according to several news reports. “If the vaccine comes through as expected, we’ll do the rest.” In addition, GlaxoSmithKline is seeking approval for its maiden foray into the US flu vaccine market in a licensing arrangement involving 10 million doses, Reuters news service reported.
Balgoma – resident of the village – wascaught after he sold a sachet of suspected shabu to an undercover officeraround 9:45 a.m. on March 2. Suspected shabu weighing about 15 grams valued at around P102,000 was seized from RevyRodwin Balgoma, a police report showed. ROXAS City – A suspected drug pusher wasnabbed in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Inzo in this city. The suspect was taken to the Roxas Citypolice station. Charges forviolation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of2002 will be filed against him. (PDEA-6/PN)
Press Association Delph did not fly out with the rest of the Villa squad for their training camp in Portugal on Thursday amid strong speculation that he was poised for an £8million move to the Etihad Stadium. But Delph on Saturday released a statement via Villa’s website to dismiss the story. “I’m aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight,” Delph said. “I’m not leaving. I’m staying at the football club and I can’t wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.” Delph was on Manuel Pellegrini’s radar as City are keen to boost their home-grown quota following the loss of James Milner to Liverpool and Frank Lampard to New York City. Delph signed a new Villa contract earlier this year with his previous deal having been due to expire this summer, but it had been reported that City would meet a release clause in that contract. His re-commitment to the cause will come as a major boost to Sherwood, who has signed two players from City – Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards – as well as midfielder Idrissa Gueye from Lille this summer. City are also monitoring the situation with Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling, who returned to training on Friday after two days’ absence with illness, and has been named in Liverpool’s squad to tour Thailand, leaving on Sunday. They have had two bids rejected, the last an offer of £40million, and have been reluctant to meet the Reds’ £50million valuation but this week’s developments with the England international will have offered City some encouragement if they want to try to negotiate an agreement. Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph has ruled out a move to Manchester City and insisted he will stay with Tim Sherwood’s side.
MAHAICA Determinators will face BV/Triumph while Golden Stars square off with Ann’s Grove tomorrow, when the East Demerara Football Association’s (EDFA) Senior league continues at the Golden Grove ground.From 13:30hrs, Mahaica Determinators, who are currently placed second in the points standings of the EDFA STAG Senior League with 23 points at the end of the first round of the league, will be going all out for a win to improve their standing in the league during this second round.BV/Triumph, on the other hand, are fourth in the points standings with 15 points and will surely be looking to improve on that.The feature game which is scheduled for a 15:30hrs start should also provide excitement as fifth-placers Golden Stars on 13 points will be looking for a win against Ann’s Grove, who are placed seventh in the standings with a mere eight points.When the league continued last Sunday, Mahaica Determinators and Ann’s Grove played to a 1-1 draw at the same venue.Samuel Vandyke had sent the Mahaica side into the lead with a penalty during the second period after a goalless first half, but Kevin Barry netted the equaliser in the 74th minute from the run of play.The winners of the league will receive $200 000 and a trophy, while the second-, third- and fourth-placers will earn $100 000, $75 000 and $50 000 respectively.The highest goalscorer in the competition will receive $25 000 and a pair of football boots, compliments of the EDFA’s president, while the best goalkeeper will be rewarded with a pair of gloves and a football.