Jomary Torres aims to keep winning in ONE: Hero’s Dream

first_imgJake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Dea is impressive on paper. She is a national wrestling champion and a two-time national Wushu Sanda champion with a decent 12-4 record in kickboxing.“I felt really nervous in my first bout. But when I saw my opponent was right in front of me and remembered all the people who supported me, I relaxed and slowly put my focus on winning the match,” Torres said.“I want to win again because I want to give back to my gym and the people who love and support me. I am competing for my country. Everything I do is for all of them and as long as I can do this, I will keep doing this.”ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Photo from ONE ChampionshipFilipino Jomary Torres came out of nowhere and beat Thai star Rika Ishige in ONE: Kings & Conquerors in Macau two months ago.Torres steps into the cage again against Indonesian kickboxer Nita Dea on Nov. 3 to prove her stunning victory against Ishige was no fluke.ADVERTISEMENT Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View comments OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson READ: Torres chokes out Ishige for debut win in ONE“This is my chance to establish my first winning streak in ONE Championship. It’s not impossible. That’s why I am exerting a tremendous amount of effort in training. I want to keep on winning,” said Torres, who beat Ishige by submission in the second round.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogThe 21-year-old Torres thinks her opponent’s strength is her striking but the Zamboanga del Norte native said she’s prepared for anything.“From what I saw, I think she (Nita Dea) is a striker. She does not seem to hit the ground all that much. I am prepared to go toe-to-toe or take the match to the ground, wherever I think I have the advantage,” she said. UAAP Starting 5: Week 6 Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funnylast_img read more

GARTH BROOKS WILL NOT PLAY CROKER – AND THAT’S OFFICIAL!

first_imgIt is now official – Garth Brooks will not play Ireland this year.Garth will NOT play Croker and that’s official!There had been a small glimmer of hope for Donegal music fans that the country singer would be able to play his five gigs at Croke Park.But he said he is crushed and broken-hearted after receiving news that Dublin City Council CANNOT change their earlier ruling to allow all five shows. The singer issued a lengthy statement tonight after talks to hammer out a deal on the Croke Park fiasco ended without agreement.Mr Brooks said: “I have always been advised to NEVER send a message in “the moment.”“It is said it is best to take a walk, wait awhile, and think about it. “With that said, I just received the news the Irish council cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licenses for all five shows.“To say I am crushed is an understatement. All I see is my mother’s face and I hear her voice.“She always said things happen for a reason and for the right reason.“As hard as I try, I cannot see the light on this one. So it is with a broken heart, I announce the ticket refunds for the event will go as posted by TicketMaster.”Despite the embarrassing series of events, the country star thanked the Irish authorities “for going the distance for all of us who wanted to share songs and dance together.”The 52-year-old said: ” I really want to thank all the people around the world that continued to think good thoughts that this would actually happen. “Most of all, to Peter Aiken and those 400,000 people who believed enough to go through what they have been through to get to this point…I love you, always have, always will.“I encourage any and all of them that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your Irish flags and waive them proudly at the concerts. I will be looking for you.…garth.”Aiken Promotions tonight issued a statement saying: “We regret to announce that despite pursuing all possible solutions, the 5 concert Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event at Croke Park is cancelled. No concerts will take place.“The ticket return process will begin on Thursday 17 July at 9am through Ticketmaster.” GARTH BROOKS WILL NOT PLAY CROKER – AND THAT’S OFFICIAL! was last modified: July 15th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Croke ParkdonegalGarth Brookslast_img read more

This Week in Microsoft News: New Clues In the Novell Patent Mystery and More

first_imgThese thee Microsoft stories weren’t the biggest news of the week, but they are worth knowing about if you missed them. One of the stories is merely a clue into an ongoing mystery surrounding Microsoft’s acquisition of some patents from Novell that have analysts speculating and open source advocates worrying. Each story sheds a little light on Microsoft’s strategy and where the company is headed. For example, the release of Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 indicates how Microsoft is consolidating various enterprise management tools into a single interface.Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 ReleasedMicrosoft released a commercial version its Forefront Endpoint Protection software this week. It’s now available from Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center. IT managers can now deploy, configure, manage, update, and report on FEP protections using System Center Configuration Manager 2007.The significance of this is that Microsoft is now firmly in the software security business as the space converges. Earlier this year, Intel purchased McAfee in an attempt to bring security software closer to hardware.Microsoft Wasn’t Alone In Purchasing Those 882 Novell PatentsFlorian Muller discovered the companies behind CPTN Holdings, the members of mysterious organization that purchased 882 patents from Novell when Attachmate bought Novell last month. It turns out that CPTN consists of Microsoft, Apple, EMC, and Oracle.What patents these companies bought remains a mystery.Rumor: Oracle and Microsoft in Bidding War for AutonomyBritish tabloid Daily Mail “reported” that Oracle and Microsoft are in a bidding war for enterprise analytics company Autonomy. We suggest taking this rumor with a grain of salt. But if true, this could be interesting as Arik Hesseldahl writes for All Things Digital:On its face this rumor is interesting because now that the battle to roll up the data storage firms is largely resolved following Dell’s acquisition of Compellent, one of the next dealmaking battle fronts for the large IT vendors is going to be software that makes managing data in all its various forms easier, more powerful and less costly.This could signal more consolidation in the business analytics field, something we talked about when IBM purchased Netezza last fall. Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Tags:#enterprise#news klint finleycenter_img Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Related Posts IT + Project Management: A Love Affairlast_img read more

LOOK: Scottie Thompson turns dream into reality with new home

first_imgLATEST STORIES MOST READ From Dream to Reality🙏🏼 Always thank the lord for the gift of life🙏🏼 pic.twitter.com/qCttWnqaQx— Scottie Thompson (@ScotThompson06) April 17, 2019 Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Warriors, Spurs try to forget blown chances for 2-0 leads Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. READ: WATCH: A day in the life of Ginebra’s Scottie ThompsonIt’s no surprise that Thompson, who turned pro in 2015, was able to turn his dream into a reality at the age of 25.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid MANILA, Philippines—PBA star Scottie Thompson proudly showed the fruits of his labor, giving everyone a glimpse of his new home.Thompson, who in his few years in the PBA has established himself as one of the league’s elite guard, has always been business savvy, putting up several business ventures in the past few years.ADVERTISEMENT “Always thank the lord for the gift of life,” said Thompson in his Twitter post, which also included photos of his swanky new crib.Thompson and the Ginebra Gin Kings took an early vacation in the 2019 PBA Philippine Cup after a quarterfinals loss to Magnolia.ADVERTISEMENT Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss View commentslast_img read more

PN MEP David Casa made lead rapporteur for EUs social fund

first_img <a href=’http://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/ck.php?n=ab2c8853&amp;cb={random}’ target=’_blank’><img src=’https://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=97&amp;cb={random}&amp;n=ab2c8853&amp;ct0={clickurl_enc}’ border=’0′ alt=” /></a> SharePrint Nationalist MEP David Casa has been made the lead rapporteur for the EU’s body supporting educational and employment opportunities for Europeans.In addition to his new roles as a member of the European Parliament Bureau and Quaestor, Casa will now be responsible for negotiating the European Social Fund + (ESF+)The ESF+ is understood to provide opportunities for around 10 million Europeans on a yearly basis, helping them to learn new skills and seek better jobs.Read more:David Casa elected EP QuaestorMetsola and Casa reconfirmed EPP coordinators in their EP committeesResponding to his new role, Casa said that, ‘the ESF+ is a tool that has huge implications and can deliver incredible results that can positively impact the lives of European citizens – I am confident that I can contribute to improving the way this fund is used.’The ESF+ is believe to provide greater inclusion and mitigate unemployment which result from economic crises. The fund is also part of the EU’s bigger picture plan for remodeling the European economy.WhatsApplast_img read more