We will find who is behind this conspiracy: BCB chief on Bangladesh players’ strike

first_imgBangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan on Tuesday said he believes that some people are conspiring to tarnish the image of the board.Hassan also said the same people, who have been constantly speaking against the BCB, instigate the country’s top cricketers to stand against the board.Hassan said this in an emergency press conference at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka on Tuesday in the wake of the players’ unprecedented strike to fulfill their 11-point demand.”There must have been conspiracy, otherwise it cannot happen like this,” he said.”The conspiracy may have originated from someone in the team and also there are some people who diverted the players from outside of the board. We know that who are conspiring against cricket but we will disclose it later.”Hassan claimed that most of the demands the players raised were met while some are in the process to be met.”We’ve seen what they (cricketers) demanded. We’re shocked because they never came to us with these demands before. Most of the demands are met and they (players) know that well. Yes for the time being, I accepted that they didn’t let us the know before but now they need to come. But still they are not coming. And what that means? I believe they know very well that they have nothing to tell because the demands they raised have already been met so what they would tell and that’s why they switched off their phone and didn’t contact anybody else. If they don’t come now, how we’ll meet their demands,” he questioned.advertisement”And all of their activities proved that some people are behind them who misguided them and still misguiding them. They are against the country’s cricket and they want to tarnish the image of our country also,” Papon added.Terming the recent strike a big blow for Bangladesh, the BCB president said, “Bangladesh cricketers getting highest opportunities compare to other players of the world.”Hassan informed journalists that they have paid 24 crore Taka to 15 cricketers as bonus few months ago. He also clarified that the India tour will proceed as per plan.”I hope that the camp will go on. The India series will take place. I believe that most of the players want to play. They want cricket to develop. I don’t believe that they will bring the country’s cricket into disrepute due to a small sum of money. But we will see what happens,” Hassan said.The BCB president, however, did not reveal plans about their next course of action after an unofficial meeting in Mirpur.Earlier on Monday, senior players like Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim, who were all present at the press conference, stated that they will be off cricketing activities till the time their demands are fulfilled.But the BCB president said: “What I want to see and know first is who goes to play and who doesn’t. Whether they will go to camp or not. First, I have to know who is trying to jeopardize the India tour. I have to know what the real problem is or else there will be other problems a few days later.”Also Read | BCB calls emergency meeting of directors after players go on strikeAlso see:last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*